Preparing + Planning
What to expect when planning your boudoir session?
We begin working together before your session ever starts. Communication and planning beforehand is key to making this an experience you will cherish forever. First, we sit down one-on-one and discuss your vision for the shoot: what kind of look(s) are you aiming for? Then we decide on a location and pick a date – your day! When you arrive, everything will be all ready for you; lights, reflectors, props, and a station for hair and makeup. All you have to do is show up and let the pampering begin! This is your big day. I will coach you through poses and help you remain relaxed. It’s important to me that my clients feel comfortable and safe to be themselves. So, I do everything I can to make this happen. I love capturing true authentic expressions, and keeping a stress-free environment for my clients makes this possible. This is about YOU having fun!.
Prepping a few days before your session for your session:
- If you wax or shave, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
- If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or color, then give yourself a few days to make sure you are happy with it.
- Be sure to get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish.
- Stay out of the sun – We want to avoid red, blotchy sunburned skin.
- DO NOT SPRAY TAN.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels. Steam or iron your ensembles and hang them properly so they keep their shape as you travel to the studio.
The day before:
- Bathe, shave and moisturize.
- Remove ALL price tags, size & care labels, etc. from the outfits you are bringing, especially from lingerie and panties. They can ruin otherwise great photographs.
- Double-check everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: heels, jewelry, accessories, and any props you wish to include.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the studio. Check weather and traffic reports to ensure you have allotted enough time for unexpected delays.
- Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening.
- Plan for a good night’s sleep – eight hours is ideal.
The day of :
- Eat a light filling meal before you leave the house.
- Use clear (or no) deodorant, please.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing, for instance).
- Arrive with a clean and moisturized face and CLEAN HAIR (important!).
- Most important: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be a little nervous before your shoot, but please don’t worry because we will help you every step of the way. We will show you exactly how to pose and work with you to get the perfect shot.
How do I pay?
A 50% deposit is due at the time of booking. The final payment is due on the day of the shoot. All payments can be made online or in person with cash, check or card.
When will my photos be ready?
I have a two-week turn around for all boudoir sessions. All photos are delivered to you in a private online gallery for you to download or order prints.
Let’s get started!
Let me take care of all the planning, hair, makeup, and outfits. I’m a master hair and make-up artist by trade with a passion for seeing beauty in others and helping them share their gifts with the world. I recommend planning a romantic date with your love for after your session; you will be looking smoking hot! I can’t wait to start working with you!